Saturday, September 1, 2007

Lessons from my father and mother

A couple of days ago, I read this article by Panzergrenadier with interest. His mentioning of his parents reminded me of this age old value : Honor your father and mother, as the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and it may go well with you in the land the Lord your God is giving you.

As I reflect on this. I thought of my own parents. Thought they have not taught any face to face lessons on the value of money and saving/investing, the example of the life they now live about - through years of living within their means, saving and investing and now living in their golden years with self sufficiency - is one that I thank God for the heritage. The years of living with them with more than sufficient (in contentment)is also another good lesson. I am also grateful that I have still this opportunity to share with them my own investment plan as I honor them with respect and love for the sacrifices of love that they deposited in me.
In another area of heritage and honor, I am also grateful for my spiritual parents in the heritage that we receive - one is the life changing view of things not seen. There will be others which we may not see now but find in time to come.

Therefore this blog in honor of my parents, the lessons I take away are:

1. To live within our means.
2. To save and invest wisely in preparation for self sufficiency.
3. To deposit the same heritiage my parents has passed down to my children.
4. To bless others as we are being blessed

Have a blessed day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home