Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Never buy on the spot

Ever been pressurised to buy things on the spot or leaving the supermarket with more than the shopping list? I have - we went to an agency to interview a person and almost end up hiring the person the spot.

That was a close call to not 'committing your actions/work to the Lord (Prov 16:3)'

Here is a article written by Mr Tan Kin Lian which I find interesting...........................



Never buy on the spot


Creative property consultants work hand in hand with developers to create false impressions. You can see them under different creative names in different forums generating waves to enrich themselves.

Some years back when I was looking for a property this agent with a big Mercedes Benz brought me to see a condo in the east. The way he conducted the sale he has a 95% chance of closing the deal at a high price. He was able to use tactics like high pressure sales to lure the potential buyer capitalising on the average human greed and fear.

Later when I was sitting in his Mercedes, he asked me what I do for a living. I told him I teach advance negotiation techniques to fortune 500 companies executives and he then muttered: "No wonder".

The simple advice to follow is simply this. Do not buy anything on the spot, there is no such thing as no more supply, only no more money. Determine your own price based on value, which you can determine after some basic research.

Do not go beyond your calculated price as agents will use your emotions to jack up the price. Always use the technique of having to consult your spouse to buy time.

Some agents know this and insist that both you and your spouse be present, ever wonder why time shares promotions always want you and your spouse to be present so you have to make a decision on the spot?

Just do not make a decision on the spot. Say you need to consult your father, mother or God, if necessary. Make it a philosophy never to make a spot decision.

Whenever I buy something, the sales agent will always ask for a deposit. I will tell them my philosophy is no deposit. They will then say what if someone comes along and buy the last piece. My answer is always: "Congratulations, I will look for another piece"

Remember, there will never be no supply, this impression is created by agents so they can pressurise you. There is only no money!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home